Have you tried and tried to provide your students with work that they want to do? Have you exhausted all of your methods and your students still don’t find the work worth doing? Are you ready to design work that students want to do and learn from?
At each of three sessions you will be immersed in a twenty-first-century learning environment. The Academy is structured to give you choice in how you work, who you work with, and what you produce. You might consider coming as a team from the same content/grade/school or we welcome those who just want to dive deep into the work on their own. Either way, you will be exposed to multiple digital tools to access knowledge and produce products and you will use Schlechty Center frameworks to assess the utility of those tools for your design.
What will you do?
- Design an engaging unit of work for yours tudents or adults.
- Discover ways to embed technology into that work.
- Explore avenues to garner feedback from yourstudents and colleagues.
What should you bring?
- Digital device
- Ear buds
- Resources of your specific content
What will you learn?
- The Schlechty Center’s design process
- Digital tools for learning
- Protocols for enhancing the work
Dates, Times, and Locations:
This three-day Design Academy will take place throughout the fall. Each day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, September 26th at the Madison-Champaign ESC
Thursday, October 25th in Sidney, Ohio (Location to be determined)
Tuesday, December 5th at the Madison-Champaign ESC
- 18.0 Contact Hours Provided by the ESC
- 1 Semester Hour of Graduate Credit from Ashland University. Interested participants will pay an additional fee of $195 to Ashland. Additional information regarding graduate credit will be provided on the first day of the training.
Lunch: One Hour - On Your Own. Light breakfast and snack items will be provided.
- $385.00 for districts / personnel aligned with the Madison-Champaign, Clark, and Midwest regional ESC's.
- $450.00 for districts / personnel NOT aligned with the Madison-Champaign, Clark, and Midwest Regional ESC's.
- Checks / Purchase orders should be made payable to the Madison-Champaign ESC.
- Payment methods include cash, check, purchase order or credit / debit card (NOTE: Credit/Debit card payments will include a $2.00 service fee.)
- Payment / Purchase Orders can be mailed or emailed to...
Mail to : Madison-Champaign ESC
Attn: Scott Howell
2200 South U.S. Highway 68
Urbana, OH 43078
Email: Scott Howell at email@example.com
For Credit Card Payments: Contact Amber LeValley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-484-1557.
Questions: Contact Scott Howell at email@example.com
To Register: Click the link button below. The Deadline to Register is Friday, May 26th, 2017.